Marineland Street Rods is a friendly, family oriented, social club devoted to promoting safe hot rodding and having fun.
The club does not have any particular membership criterion ie you do not have to own a certain type of vehicle, etc. However we do have a desire to remain a friendly close knit club. This is why we leave it up to the whole club to vote on “Prospective members” at the AGM. Therefore we encourage all ‘Prospective members’ to attend as many meetings and events as possible. Obviously the more members who meet you and see you participating in club activities the more likely you will be voted in at the AGM.
Active members are expected to attend all club meetings and working bees, or to present an apology if unable to attend. Any member who does not attend 3 consecutive meetings without apology or fair excuse risks forfeiture of their membership.
Active members may become 10 Year Service members after ten years of active membership and who are voted such by two-thirds of members present at an AGM. They will be presented with a badge or certficate.
10 Year Service members may become 20Year Service members after twenty years of active membership and who are voted such by two-thirds of members present at an AGM. They will be presented with a badge or certficate and will receive an ongoing subscription fee discount of 50%.
20 Year Service members may become Life members if nominated by a full member and who are voted such by two-thirds of members present at an AGM. They will be presented with a badge or certficate and will receive free ongoing subscription and NZHRA affiliation paid for by the club.
If you would like to join the club, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to talk to somebody first. The club has the following procedure for joining:
- New members must apply in person at any general club meeting, which are held on the first Tuesday of every month at aproximately 7:30-8pm at the clubrooms
- After attending three consecutive general meetings the applicant may be accepted as a ‘Prospective member’ or the committee may decline the application at this time. Recorded apologies for non-attendance may be accepted during this time.
- On acceptance as a ‘Prospective member’ the applicant is required to pay all application and normal club subscription fees.
- A paid up ‘Prospective member’ can vote on most issues at a general meeting, but cannot vote on policy or financial issues, nor vote at an AGM
- A paid up ‘Prospective member’ is free to attend the club’s Annual Prizegiving Dinner. No other benefits are available to a ‘Prospective member’.
- Upon the completion of twelve months as a ‘Prospective member’ the applicant’s name is put forward at the next available AGM to be voted on by the full club membership. The committee has the discretion to promote an applicant to an AGM prior to the full twelve months.
- The ‘Prospective member’ must receive a minimum of 75% affirmative vote to be offered ‘Full membership’ and member rights.
- ‘Full members’ have voting rights on all issues and receive all club benefits.
- If the applicant does not receive a 75% or greater affirmative vote the ‘Prospective membership’ may be continued or the applicant may withdraw.